Here's the new hermies-rescues

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: Here's the new hermies-rescues

Post by CrabbyJo »

I bought my thermostat on Ebay. I just looked for the one I knew I wanted, then found the one listed at a low price, and noted the time that the auction would end.
Then I logged on a few minutes before the end (at least 5 minutes), kept refreshing it until it was about 1 minute till ending, and put in a bid for the highest amount I was willing to pay (always take into consideration the shipping fee). I got it for $18, and shipping was $8, so I got a great deal.

*(The reason you put in the highest amount you are willing to pay is because you have no idea how much the person before you has bid - you do need to understand how bidding on Ebay works. If an item is listed at $5, and you bid $10, it will show your bid at $5. If someone comes behind you and bids $7, it will still list you as the high bidder at $8. The other person will have to bid $11 or more to outbid you. This is why you bid the highest amount you are WILLING to go - make up your mind ahead of time. That way, you are more likely to outbid the other person, but not by bidding more than you are comfortable with. You will only get the one chance if you are waiting until the auction is almost over).
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Re: Here's the new hermies-rescues

Post by Gizaroo »

Well, I got a UTH today...will be installing it shortly. No luck on the thermostat controllers in 2 of the 3 pet stores we have. Off to ebay I go....I love that place lol.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.