Looking for owners of C purpureus

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
Daethian
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 30
Total gallons: 150
Total tanks: 2

Looking for owners of C purpureus

Post by Daethian »

I am in need of some information regarding the care and personality of this species to finish my page on them at coenobitaspecies.com

I need photos and any information you can give me from your experience in owning this species. Your name will be listed on the credits page of the site.

You can reply here or email me at daethian at crabstreetjournal dot com
Thanks so much!!
Sterwick
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 35

Re: Looking for owners of C purpureus

Post by Sterwick »

Unfortunately I am just a regular PP owner, so I would not know how to care for this particular species, but I would like to complimement you on your website.

Stevo.
My names stevo These are my hermies: mangon, enco, cocon, theforestgiant. RIP sheldon and tobasco, may you forgive the humans who were treating you in those appaling conditions in the petstore.
Daethian
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Daethian »

Thanks! Due to the species being unavailable in the US its harder to get photos and info.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40

Post by emmac350 »

You should email the man who runs the Exotic Land Hermit Crabs website: here. He's got them ready for sale, so maybe he could give you some info?
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

When I was in Hong Kong, I got to hold the only C. purpureus at a kiosk. The kiosk keeper had taken him from Japan. He was very adorable too and quite active, but not as crazy as the straws. C. purpureus seem to like oval shaped shells, like the Ecuadorians and Aussies.
Wai
Daethian
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Daethian »

www.tonycoenobita.com has a lot of great info on the species but he doesn't include owners observations of behavior which I like to include on my site. I'm working on the page now but don't have a vector image of this species and I don't know anyone good with photoshop to help :(