Why do I have probelms with PP

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
whitepurplefrog
Zoea I
Zoea I

Why do I have probelms with PP

Post by whitepurplefrog »

I have 7 E's and in the past I've had 3 PP's. I have read that PP's are easy crabs all around. I have had no probelms with my E's but all 3 of my PP's have died. I'm confused. I went to the pet store today and seen some cute PP's, put I didn't buy them because of my luck with them. Can anyone tell me why?
13 Hermies
1 Dog
2 Cats
2 Fish
2 Wonderful boys
and last but not least 1 man
Jedi_Sena
Zoea IV
Zoea IV
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 1

problem w/ PPs

Post by Jedi_Sena »

I wish I knew. I have the opposite problem--I can't seem to keep my Es alive. My PPs have lived through dry conditions, cold conditions, untreated tap water, lack of saltwater, poor diet, no sunlight, etc. I still have one that I originally rescued out of this situation.

In your case it may have something to do with where your crabs come from and how they get to the store. Try buying from another store and look them over really well for mites, limbs, and activity before purchasing.
Hermies4Ever
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Hermies4Ever »

hmm. weird. i have never had any trouble keep crabs alive. i have PPs, and E and a Rug. Im thinking about going for the straws now cuz ive had great luck with other specis... i hope you get over this PP hump... it could just be where you are getting them.