How HCP has helped me (and intro to my Crab Tumblr)

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
freetoki
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

How HCP has helped me (and intro to my Crab Tumblr)

Post by freetoki »

I have been using HCP as my go to for crab care for quite a few years now. I think it's been about four years since I discovered it. I've been a member of the forum for a while too, but I never really posted.

Right now I have five hermit crabs, each I'm estimating to be around four to five years old, And I'd like to thank HCP for providing great information on how to properly care for them. As I'm betting most crabbers start out, my first two pets came in a small plastic habitat with painted shells when I was a tweenie in seventh grade, and unfortunately I didn't know much about how to care for them. But my fondness for them encouraged me to search for the best way possible which led me here.

I love sharing stories about my hermit crabs and especially love sharing care information, so I decided to dedicate a Tumblr blog to my crabbing experiences. Trouble is, it's hard to find other people interested enough to follow the blog. I thought, why not post it here?

The blog welcomes photo submits of crabs and terrariums, and will soon include a care section/FAQ. If you have a Tumblr I'd like to ask you to follow my blog and help me get going.

Another reason for creating the blog was that there didn't seem to be any hermit crab blogs that weren't abandoned (or they had some pretty bad care advice, like housing 15 crabs in a 20 gallon).

So here's the link to my new blog, Love Your Crabs. Some stories are already posted, but I'd like to wait to get more followers to post more. And PLEASE SUBMIT and share your crabby crew!
Tetra8CClyPeatus
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 48
Total tanks: 2

Re: How HCP has helped me (and intro to my Crab Tumblr)

Post by Tetra8CClyPeatus »

I would love to follow , but unfortunately I don't have a tumbler account. Can you provide a link??
I have my own website! Would you like to join??
Link in my signature

I am using HCP , they are the best!!
8 (Ceonobita Clypeatus) Hexxus, Lexxie, Hansel, Gretel, Vigo, Rancid, Nemo and Dalek11+ Successful Molts[/color]
My website:
http://lhccenterprise.freeforums.org/index.php
freetoki
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: How HCP has helped me (and intro to my Crab Tumblr)

Post by freetoki »

Yeah I had a link up. I don't know what happened.
http://www.loveyourcrabs.tumblr.com

If that link doesn't show just search "loveyourcrabs tumblr" and I'm sure you'll find it.