Emergency Section

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
Joshiewowa
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 23
Total tanks: 2

Emergency Section

Post by Joshiewowa »

Hi guys this might already be a section of the website, I don't know, but I think that there should be a special forum section for hermit crab emergencies of all kinds. At least one administrator should watch it at all times and answer any emergencies ASAP.
1 PP:Peanut
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Emergency Section

Post by ladybug15057 »

We are sorry, but contrary to what some may believe we all have outside lives, some work, some go to college, have homes and children to care for, etc.
The staff here at HCP do care about all hermies and their owners and visit HCP when we are able to. It is not monitored 24/7 and the staffs help is strictly on a volunteer basis....
Wai does have within his signature a hyperlink for 24-7 emergency help until a staff member or member can visit and possibly help.

Edited to add original topic post:
by Joshiewowa on July 22nd, 2012, 12:52 pm
Hi guys this might already be a section of the website, I don't know, but I think that there should be a special forum section for hermit crab emergencies of all kinds. At least one administrator should watch it at all times and answer any emergencies ASAP.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

If there was an emergency section on the forum, everyone seeking help would dump their posts in it. The Crab Care section offers advice for those who do not or cannot wait for a reply on the forum. I am grateful to the moderators for volunteering to watch over the forum while I am responsible for paying the annual hosting fees to keep this non-profit site up for the sake of the unfortunate land crustaceans. Thank you for your input though, but I hope you understand. :)
Wai
Joshiewowa
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 23
Total tanks: 2

Post by Joshiewowa »

-.- I feels so embarrased! Sorry for assuming you all don't have lives.One question:an you delete topics? *| *| *| *|
1 PP:Peanut
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Don't feel embarrassed. You can only delete your own posts, not a whole topic.
Wai