New profile fields

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: New profile fields

Post by ladybug15057 »

Possibly the 'time zone' is in Aus. time in the profile area? In my profile itself it does say June 17th, 2000, but in my post above yours it says:
Crabber since: 16 Jun 2000
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

That's really strange, because it says the 17th everywhere for me. Must be the time zone settings...
Wai
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

Yeah, it says 16 June, 2000 here.
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

I added two new profile fields!

For the first, enter the total available space you have for your hermit crabs in gallons.

For example, if you have the following:
- 30 gallon main tank
- 20 gallon main tank
- 10 gallon isolation tank

30 + 20 + 10 = 60, so you would enter "60" into the "Total gallons" field.

Some crabbers have more than one main tank (eg. ladybug15057), so rather than just having members enter the size of their largest tank, this profile field will address the sizes of all the tanks.

For the second, simply enter the number of tanks you have. From the earlier example, you would enter "3" into the "Total tanks" field.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

I'll get to my profile soon... but just wanna say mine still says June '16' 2000.
BTW it should be June '17' 2000, which means we have had hermies here now for 9 years today!! Out of the first 6 that were given to us (as souvenirs) 4 are still alive, as well as the 10 that were given to us from that same Ocean City, Maryland purchase. So total alive from the purchase today 9 years ago out of 16 is 14!! :D
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
unprejudice
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by unprejudice »

Woot! That's always a plus!! I just started crabbing myself about a month ago or so. My wife on the other hand crabbed for years since she was a little girl. She let the hobby go when we got together and now we have a four year old son that is getting into it so I decided to start myself. Its good to see that the crabs you got 9 years back more then half are still kickin! I like seeing people say how long they have had there crabs live. I really like our crabs <3
ladybug15057 wrote:I'll get to my profile soon... but just wanna say mine still says June '16' 2000.
BTW it should be June '17' 2000, which means we have had hermies here now for 9 years today!! Out of the first 6 that were given to us (as souvenirs) 4 are still alive, as well as the 10 that were given to us from that same Ocean City, Maryland purchase. So total alive from the purchase today 9 years ago out of 16 is 14!! :D
"Don't let us make imaginary evils, when you know we have so many real ones to encounter."

OLIVER GOLDSMITH, The Good-Natured Man
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

Really this is sort of an older thread. My post above was done on by ladybug15057 on June 17th, 2009.
Yesterday we celebrated 10 years! :D
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

unprejudice
Zygote
Zygote

Post by unprejudice »

ladybug15057 wrote:Really this is sort of an older thread. My post above was done on by ladybug15057 on June 17th, 2009.
Yesterday we celebrated 10 years! :D

heh, I failed to notice the dates and time when I posted that one lol. I've been doing better. My wife said the oldest one she had was 18 years old. it was also the size of a softball, I seen a picture of hermie #1 at her dads house and he was flippin huge, she said the lady she got him from had him 6 years before she got him so he grew pretty big.

I have jumped right into crabbing and have dumped just as much money into my crabitat as I have my fish tanks, I'm near like 300 bucks on the crabbitat. about 500 on my fish tank so far, and its still adding up. I want my crabs to be happy and live a really long time too!
"Don't let us make imaginary evils, when you know we have so many real ones to encounter."

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

CrabWorks is coming up on her 34th anniversary with Jon & Kate:
http://crabbywiki.com/tiki-index.php?pa ... s%27+Ormes

(I need to start adding the missing pictures to this entry above)

and even after all that time together she separates Jon & Kate into their own molting tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/crabstreet# ... cwXBs7Ax1g

I made a photobucket album for her when Geocities closed down to help save some of her online photos:
http://s657.photobucket.com/home/CrabWorks/allalbums
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

unprejudice
Zygote
Zygote

Post by unprejudice »

That's really cool that you did that for them. I bet she is very thankful.