Please stop "mini spamming"

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Re: Please stop "mini spamming"

Post by erikleeson »

alright, but most people don't ask specifically for a recommendation, or at least not in the way I'm thinking. For example: Lets say my cars tire was flat and I wanted a stronger one, I don't go up to the guy and say: what would you reccomend? But I tell him the problem and he says his reccomendation and right now I'd reccomend firefox to anyone that doesn't like IE. You like IE, so you don't need to listen to my reccomendation.
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

We're going off-topic again from mini-spam to browser preference.

Both Firefox and IE have their own advantages and disadvantages. I have designed the site to look and function the same for both, so it doesn't really matter what browser you choose. Think of browser preference as the favourite colour of someone.

Back to mini-spamming; some of us haven't read the forum rules about spamming.

I'll highlight a few of them here for everyone's sake:
Wai wrote:1. Type in proper English with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. This is not Windows Live Messenger or AOL. Avoid abbreviations, especially "plz". I can't stand it when people abbreviate the word "please" as "plz".

2. "OMGGGG HELP PLZ REPLY!?!?!?!?" If anyone sees you typing something like that, you will be seen as a n00b, so don't. Nagging people to reply to your question won't earn you any faster responses from them. If we can answer your question, we will. If we can't, we won't. Also, use appropriate subject titles for your posts, not something like "help!!!!!!!!!!"

4. Spamming of any type will not be tolerated. What is regarded as "spam" are posts that have no substance or no value in them, which includes one worded responses or a single emoticon. Make your post have meaning in it. Spam posts will be removed and the author may be notified by the Crab Crew.
The rest of the rules are here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4.

By no means am I trying to be a dominating administrator. These rules apply and affect everyone and should be followed to get the most out of this forum.
Wai
Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by Hermie's rule »

Ok. Thanks for giving us the info, Wai. We don't think you're a nasty mod at all. PLZ don't leave the site.... Oops! LOL I just had to pick on Wai. XD