Does he not like it?

Questions about designing a terrarium.
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Does he not like it?

Post by Jaci »

When we first got this hermie we also purchased what is supposed to be his next shell, looks exactly the same as his old one (turbo), same color and everything, but bigger. During the first few days that I brought him home (august) he switched from the new one and back to the old one a couple of times. He hasn't tried since, but I'm ok with that since his big claw is the exact size of the opening. However, should I try to find a couple more turbos for him in case he doesn't like the only one I've found for him? He's only a little guy and some of the turbos are way too big, it's hard to find bigger ones that are the right size. If hermies don't like the comfortability of the new shell, will they reject it? How will I know if that happens? I'm so confused! 8|
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

I'd say try some variety from now on. You may also like to buy one or two more similar shells, then try others.
Wai
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

Thank you. Unfortunately we lost Butters earlier this week. :( But I will keep this information in mind with my remaining three.