Bulk Shells?

Questions about designing a terrarium.
nsanders84
Zygote
Zygote

Bulk Shells?

Post by nsanders84 »

Hopefully my first post isn't out of line. Local pet stores only carry small shells... I assume because no one's crab lives that long unless they actually research and learn about it. Some of my crabs are outgrowing my shell supply though and had me searching for more.

I've bought a fair bit at www.atlanticcoralenterprise.com and the shells were awesome. However, some of the shells I bought from them I need larger versions of but they don't offer it. I'm hoping to see where I can find large shells, preferably in bulk, online.

I'm open to all suggestions of good online stores where I can do bulk instead of $7 a shell so my crabs have a choice. As I'm sure you know, 10 of the same size and type of shell can be presented but only 1 will be good enough for a specific crab. I'd rather give them a selection.

The two types of shells I'm looking for pretty specifically are listed below... including the sizes I bought from Atlantic Coral Enterprise and if I want larger/smaller... but I'm open to general bulk shell store suggestions as well -

Brunnes Turban Seashells - 3/4 to 2" - Get bigger

Rapana Rapiformis - 3 - 5" - Get bigger and semi smaller

Thanks!
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: Bulk Shells?

Post by emmac350 »

I don't know about bulk shells but you can usually find some individual shells in the size range you need at Naples Seashell Company online.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.