Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 12
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 3

Japanese Land Snail Shells

Post by D'sCrabs »

Japanese Land Snail Shells
I dunno if yall have tried these or not but I bought some at the beach last weekend and 2 of my crabs have changed into them, and another of my crab has been moving the other last one around alot I think hes about to abandon his shell for it too.. Funny thing is its my Purple Pinchers thats Digging these shells and I have LOTS of turbos, I bought the JLS's hoping My E's would change in to them cause the oval opening.. Those 3 E's of mine are being mental staying in shells that are to small....Anyways just thought I'd share that my crabs are digging these shells...
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: Japanese Land Snail Shells

Post by CrabbyJo »

Isn't that funny? I found my E's seemed to like the turbos as much as the PP's like them, so who knows? Maybe I should get some of the Japanese Land Snail shells. I pretty much have Babylonia's and shark eye/whale eye shells for the D shaped opening.
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

Heres a photo of them..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

Scuttles, my little E, seems to prefer the Babylonian shells. Banjo, my bigger E, likes turbos and babylonians, but Whales Eye shells seem to be her favorite. Blu, my largest PP, prefers Whales Eye shells, but also likes some turbos, and right now seems to really like the Japanese Land Snail shells. Skip, a PP, prefers another type of shell that I can't think of the name of...I have pics of her in it in the gallery. Theo, also a PP, prefers turbos hands down.

I likewise bought the japanese land snail shell for my E, as I don't really have many shells at the moment suited for her size...I picked it up at a petstore, and after no interest for several days, I put it in the main tank and Blu took to it almost immediately. SHe's taken off and put it on several times...I don't think she can make up her mind if she wants to keep it or not lol.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

I think I am going back to the beach to get more. They were only 5 bucks for 3 shells and I got to choose which 3..