Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Re: Question on shells

Post by Gizaroo »

Thanks!

Ordered some shells from that site D'sCrabs. Going to try them out...
Also going to be ordering some other shells from a few other places.

So hard to find good shells at a decent price when they start getting bigger (and pickier!) haha
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85

Post by CrabbyJo »

No kidding! I'm to the point that shells for Marvin are costing about $5 or more EACH - hard to choose an assortment for him like for the smaller crabs, who I could get LOTS of shells for at decent prices. But - gotta do what ya gotta do! :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19

Post by Gizaroo »

Yea! Just to give you an idea of how big she's gotten since I got her (about a year and a half ago?), here's some recent pics-post molt several days.

She's currently in the green turbo, and it seems to be a good fit for her.

I still can't believe the way she was when she first emerged from molting not too long ago..she shoved the little crabs (in the food bowl at the time) out of the way to get to the shell pile. 30 secs later, she was sporting a bigger shell-all while I watched!

edit: 5 minutes after posting that: I take that back...she is now currently back in the shell she switched out of after molting. Silly crab LOVES to shell shop!

edit: 10 minutes after posting previous edit: She is back in the Japanese snail shell...silly thing.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.