ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: too big for her shell

Post by ladybug15057 »

Itt looks as though Purple is missing one of her walking legs on her left side but in the blurry picture I linked to above the hermie looked as though they were missing more limbs than that. A hermie should have 2 walking legs on each side, a feeder pincher (smaller) and a large pincher.
How to help? Go to the guidelines thread, and copy and paste the questions here and answer them the best you can.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
sarah13
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 3

Post by sarah13 »

Thank you i'm going to do that now I hope she's comfortable till i can get her the help she needs
Sarah Lynn
511 Houdini
509 Purple
total count so far 2 and more on the way :)
sarah13
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 3

missing walking leg

Post by sarah13 »

Purple is a small hermit crab that i bought from a local pet store she came home with a missing leg what can I do to help her re-grow it
Sarah Lynn
511 Houdini
509 Purple
total count so far 2 and more on the way :)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

I have merged your missing leg post with the original one that was discussing this matter.
You were asked to please go to the guideline posting:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4

copy and paste the questions here and answer them.
Please do so as opposed to posting in other areas of HCP to avoid answering the questions about your crabitat, supplies, and care method.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4
1. Do not post for help until you have thoroughly read through our Crab Care section first. Reading through it will take you less time than waiting for a reply from someone on the forums.
4. Post your questions in the correct section of the forums. Descriptions of each section of the forum are provided. Please try to keep your questions in a single topic, so it is easier for other people to keep track of what has been asked and answered. If you post the same questions everywhere, then it will cause confusion.
6. If you are new to this forum and need help with your hermit crabs, please answer all of the questions below first. You might think they are irrelevant to your questions, but they will provide us with an insight on how familiar you are with proper hermit crab care and help us pick up on important stress factors that you as a new crabber may have missed. In emergencies when every second is critical to your hermit crabs' wellbeing, this will also help save both your time and ours so we know what is exactly going on and what could have possibly gone wrong. Please provide as much detail as you can. Copy and paste the following code to your post to answer the questions:
Marie (aka ladybug15057)