Im so mad! Has anyone else had a problem with this site?

Questions about designing a terrarium.
iluvchloe
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3

Im so mad! Has anyone else had a problem with this site?

Post by iluvchloe »

http://www.seashellworld.com/

My bf and I ordered about 10, $16.00 worth, of hermit crab shells plus $8 ground shipping on the 23rd of december. We got an email saying what we had ordered, and were told we should be getting an email comformation very soon. A week goes by and still nothing SO I sent them an email saying we were never charged for our order or have gotten the conformation yet. The next day we got an email saying how sorry they were and that they "found" our order and it will be shipped soon. we recived our comformation and were then charged. 5 days later we finally get an email saying it was shipped and that it will arrive in a week or so...what the heck?! So we have had to wait almost 3 weeks?! Now im just hoping they are even the correct shells!

:(
Jennie
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: Im so mad! Has anyone else had a problem with this site?

Post by Chermo »

I never ordered from there but I know that the crabbage patch is so great and you get some great shells and shipping is cheap (she uses actual shipping when she charges and if it costs more that the order she eats the overage but if it costs less she credits you back the difference) and fast. I have ordered shells from her 3 times already and you always get a gift of some type of hermie food as a trial even if you don't order any food. I will only order from her, I just hope she gets some different shells soon as I have so many of the same ones and all my crabs get in the same shell and I can't tell them apart. I know them from their size and personalities but all in the same shell I can't tell my kids who is who if I can't really see them. I recommend your next order from the crabbage patch I am sure you will be pleased with them.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I have never heard or even seen that site before. But if it were me and I didn't have my order prior to 30 days after I ordered it and used paypal to order them I would put in a complaint as well as cancel the order. If one does this in the 30 day time frame they can get their money back whether it has been already deducted from their account or not.
Keep us posted how this goes... good luck!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
iluvchloe
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by iluvchloe »

We finally got our shells on the 13ths...and of course 3 were the wrong size, and one was broken. I rechecked to make sure I WAS correct on the size, which i was; they had all been marked between 1.25-2" openings. One had an opening of about a 1/4 inch! Grrrr, but at least the other 6 were okay. I did send them an e-mail letting them know about the 4 and how disapointed I was, and we were able to get our money back for those.

On a better note, my hermies are already starting to pick through the new shells. :D Ill try to get pics up as soon as I can.
Jennie
Annitude
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by Annitude »

Id be very upset as well! Ive ordered from the crabbage patch, and had my order within 2 days. VERY fast shipping!! And Im very please with the shells I purchased amoung all the other things I bought. So maybe you can try the crabbage patch aswell? Just a thought.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

There is also a woman who puts up lots of 4 shells on ebay which you can win for less than $2, and her shipping is only $1.80. I won 4 sharkeye shells from her, they arrived in 5 days, and were exactly as pictured and described. Worth a shot if she's got some up you want. This is what I ordered and got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123
You can search by seller: glassreign
then search her listings. She has a lot of glass items, but it's worth a browse of a few pages to find her seashell lots.
They all seem to be in the medium to small range, so far - from 1/2" to 1.75" with about a 1/2" opening in the larger shells. EDIT: I spoke too soon, she has some as large as 7" listed as possible hermit crab homes. I'm not sure if she really knows her hermit crab shells or if she's just advertising them as such, I'm sure I'll learn more soon, but they are certainly worth a look.
I just ordered a bag of 10 shells from her and it's costing me less than $4 including shipping. :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

CrabbyJo, that's awesome! I just asked her about the lot of 500 shells for $2.24 plus $2.15 shipping...they look like decent shells for crabs...and if they are...500 shells for $5 including shipping? Whoa...and they're small enough that my crabs can use them forever...or at least for the next few years.

Thank you for sharing that seller!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by CrabbyJo »

You're welcome! I'm excited, I ordered another 10 lot of turbos, Barnaby dumped the shell he'd picked up because of the calcification I'm sure, it had to not feel good on his tender little tummy.
I can't wait till that batch gets here so I can see if he likes them better. Poor little feller picked up the big shell again and is dragging it around. Hence I didn't change my profile pic lol.
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Unfortunately, she says that the 500+ shell lot I was looking to get is, in fact, too small of shells for crabs. Oh well, it was worth the shot. I have small crabs, but a shell that's .25" in diameter is pretty tiny.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by CrabbyJo »

Yeah you have to look carefully, I guess I should have said that. It's great that you communicated and found that out before getting them.
I just posted in the shell section about this seller, I'll make a note that everyone needs to be very aware of the shell size, because Glassreign posts SHELL size, not opening size.