1/2 shell crab.

Questions about designing a terrarium.
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Re: 1/2 shell crab.

Post by Jaci »

Hermies are easy to take care of, but some people look too much into that and take advantage of it. It's sad that so many hermies lose their lives due to inexperience of the pet stores.
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
Juan576
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by Juan576 »

lol! Even better,"my little sister has a life thretening allergy caused by the ......complicated scientific name here........." lol
"Be nice to nerds because someday, they are going to be your boss."
-Bill Gates

Why do we kill people to show people that killing people is wrong?

Those who don't know history, are dommed to repeat it!

You don't have to be genius to be a genius.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Don't even bother asking about species...ask if they know "what type" of crab they have. Most don't even know that there are different kinds of hermit crabs...I've been told "we have fancy shelled ones and plain shelled ones" and "we have big ones and little ones." My favorite pet store visits are when I just walk up to the crab tank, open it, and start looking at the crabs without asking, and the employees asked me what I was looking for and stuff like that. Classic.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
deathbatbabe6661
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by deathbatbabe6661 »

emmac350 wrote:Don't even bother asking about species...ask if they know "what type" of crab they have. Most don't even know that there are different kinds of hermit crabs...I've been told "we have fancy shelled ones and plain shelled ones" and "we have big ones and little ones." My favorite pet store visits are when I just walk up to the crab tank, open it, and start looking at the crabs without asking, and the employees asked me what I was looking for and stuff like that. Classic.
i do that all the time :D

someone tried to tell me once that hermitcrabs are A sex or w/e like snails,and that one tank(had PP's) were called mango shore crabs or something dumb like that and he told me that they were exotic,and verry rare so we had a good deal. i was just laughing and he was giving me weird looks.....this is a mall store
~*Miko,Malibu,Mr.Finger,&Pedro<3*~

RIP:krabby,hermy,mr.krabs,mrs.krabs,piwi hermit.Spanky,pipa
Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV

Post by Hermie's rule »

So dumb it's not even funny. :) Someone's really trying to sell their products. XD
deathbatbabe6661
Zoea II
Zoea II

it gets on my nerves how people can be so selfish, all they care about is money money money..yeah i love money too, but jeesh come on who can be so heartless

Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV

Post by Hermie's rule »

Mmmhmm. You're right, deathbatbabe. "For the love of money is the root of all evil," as the old proverb goes. :D Wish peeps weren't so greedy, myself!
deathbatbabe6661
Zoea II
Zoea II

thats a good quote...wish some people would follow it. if i where rich id probly donate it to the less fortunate,