crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

I NEED RECIPIES+ I WILL SHARE MINE

Post by crabcrazygal »

i am on the search for recipies, coz im writing down as many as i can find, in my crabby binder.
please post any that u have :)

here r some of mine:

regular dry mix
mix an even amount of : cuttle bone powder
dried coconut
dried shrimpy type stuff(legs, tail or whole thing!)
crushed vitabrix (or weetbix)
rolled oats
crushed sugar free cornflakes

seed mix
mix an even amount of:poppy seeds
sunflower seeds
seasme seeds
flax seeds
a drizzle of organic honey
and a sprinkle of powdered cuttle bone

flower n leaf salad
mix, or place on a bowl some:rose pettles
strawberry leafs
carrot leafs
clover leafs (if they r from a garden, make sure that they havent been sprayed with any chemicals
a small amount of zuccini flowers
a drizzel of honey
and a sprinkle of powdered cuttle bone

i hope u guys can share ur recipies with me thx
crabs:bino, junior,kim, and vixen
dogs: ella, shannon
cats:milo, poppy
and two budgies: romeo and big bird
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
only boring people get bored :)
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40

Re: I NEED RECIPIES+ I WILL SHARE MINE

Post by emmac350 »

I don't really use recipes, I just put stuff in their bowl out of the food I have in each food group.They need variety, not the same few things over and over. Let's see...last night they got dried strawberry, freezedried shrimp, worm castings, bee pollen, the addiction store's "stuffing" that came in their Thanksgiving mix, red root, and I forget what else. Just play with what you have and give whatever you feel like that you haven't given recently.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

I'm going to bet that Crabcrazygal wants to be a Chef and loves cooking things up for her hermies!
Good luck girl, I'm like Emma, I just put a variety of food in each day, switching it up so they aren't getting anything they got a day or two ago. The most cooking I do for them is steaming a shrimp to chop up and put in their dish! Good luck! Wonder if you can Google it on the net, see if others have some recipes? I know you could check other forums! :D
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by emmac350 »

I think that you can buy a crab recipe book at the addiction store, but I have never tried it. I just do whatever I feel like doing...I save them pieces from whatever I'm cooking so they don't get seasoned and give them those, and supplement with dried stuff for the other foods they need.

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III

Post by crabcrazygal »

actually i want to be a vet nurse when i get older, i love animals. i have a dog called shannon (we will be getting another in like 5 weeks, and mum wants to name her ella) 2 cats called milo and poppy, two budgies called romeo and juliet, 5 chickens called dorothy,deardrey(dont know how to spell it)delilah, dianna (forgot her name, but it did start with a d) an mixamismaxamis (the biggest). but i love cooking. we have loads of cook books in our book shelf. this yr i wanted to be in the cooking clases, but they said that i will have to do it next semester. right now im stuch with basketball (which i love) jewlery making (which is fun) physical recreation(where we go surfing, and do other fun stuff) and computing (boring) so yer :D
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Chermo »

I have one they seem to like....
I mixed ...

Blackberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Oats
Cuttlebone

and mushed it all up and added it to a ziplock bag to freeze flat and once frozen I broke it into pieces and serve frozen as it defrosts quickly in the tank since it is warm in the tank.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I don't do recipes either. I put a variety of foods from each food group into their food dish in a little pile, and it is varied with each feeding. This way they can munch on what they want/need.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Chermo »

I don't usually do recipies either, I just made the one and add it to the tank each week with tons of other options for them. I just mixed the few things together. Remember you can always use organic baby foods, but remember they are kinda messy so you can always add baby rice or even oats to thicken it up a little bit.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III

Post by crabcrazygal »

i usually give my crabs the regular mix. other then that i give them somthing from the recipe book once a week. or wtever i can find in the cupboard(that is hermie friendly) :D
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by emmac350 »

You should give your crabs more variety than just the regular mix. Crabs are very picky about what they eat and as such should never be offered the same thing two days in a row. It's a natural defense mechanism to prevent getting too much of one type of food and becoming very malnourished in another.

Also, I came up with a new recipe I made for them and then have frozen right now -

Sweet and Fruity Chicken

Small chunks of raw chicken - I used the pieces that I trimmed off of tonight's dinner's chicken that had meat and weren't just all fat
Dried fruit - I used a dried navel orange slice's fruit
Honey

I mixed it well to coat everything and popped it into the microwave and cooked it for 1:30, which was when the chicken was fully cooked. I also stirred it as it cooked because the honey went WAY liquid once it got warm.

Mommy to: