Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Re: Huya escaped! D:

Post by Gizaroo »

So glad u found him :)
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

So happy you found him Wai! Seems he didn't go far? Now he is toasty warm in the tank!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85

Post by CrabbyJo »

lol he was going for the water! maybe. :)
I'm so glad you found Huya, Wai.
I'm so very sorry about Juno, though :(

So many times I have read about crabs dying from their sand being too wet. This is a good thing to always be on the lookout for. Better it is too dry (and let the crabs wet it if they need to) than to have it too wet.
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
ZuZu
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 29
Total tanks: 1

Post by ZuZu »

oh thats so sad :'( ! two bad things at once is pretty bad... but I think catching Huya will be not so different than other animals, it had happend to me after letting the crabs out for playtime once, I left out really stinky foods and a bowl of fresh and salt water in the room she escaped in, by the end of the week she was safe back in the tank, she was attracted to grapes (her favorite food :) ) and on the third night from when she was gone (I had been waiting every night until midnight waiting for her) she came from where she was camping out and ate the food! I caught her and placed her in the tat. :D
good luck!
I love my five hermies:
Bumper, the socialite leader
Sticky, The Devourer
Shy Guy, Name says all.
Rose, hyper, never sleeps
Sharky, micro version of ShyGuy
Celebrating 5 years of Crabisism XD
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85

Post by CrabbyJo »

Zuzu, you might want to look at the date on the messages you're reading - this happened way back in July. :P
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.