Camping trip up in the mountains!

Questions about crabsitting and transporting hermit crabs.
feelincrabby
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Camping trip up in the mountains!

Post by feelincrabby »

Hey, so I’m not sure who is active anymore but hopefully somebody is so i can get some advice here...
So I’m going camping in a couple of days in Marylands mountains.
I bought my crab (which, update, Eugene is actually Betsy... *| XD ) a small plastic “cage” with a slotted lid (the ones those horrible beach shops give to idiots that buy crabs there) which I figured would be fine because I’ll be misting it and keeping the mini cage warm with a towel in my grandmothers RV. However...
I am concerned about issues with relocation. Currently, Betsy has been chilling out in her new travel cage for roughly an hour and I’m about to put her back in her home cage.
Is it okay to switch between cages to acclimate her to the travel cage, or will it just add more stress on her? I’m worried I’ll be putting too much stress on her.

Leaving her home is an even worse option, considering my dad would be the only person here and he not only does not know how on earth to take care of a hermit crab, he’d also be letting my cat into my room and she just loves hopping onto the crabitat lid (which as a result is tearing on the sides) and scaring the bejeezus out of Betsy.
The cage is obviously a cheap piece of turd, but it’s all I can really do. Luckily, she’s on the smaller side, and everything necessary to her wellbeing is inside the small cage already with room to spare. :)
StellaCrab
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 125
Total tanks: 2

Re: Camping trip up in the mountains!

Post by StellaCrab »

Have you completed the trip?
alexsmith123
Zygote
Zygote