A great way to get the food ready for the week...

Questions about crabsitting and transporting hermit crabs.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

A great way to get the food ready for the week...

Post by Chermo »

Ok so I couldn't sleep last night so I got to thinking how can I make crab feeding easier each day so I know I don't give them the same stuff each day......

I got a great idea and I went out and bought it today.....

Those pill containers that people use to organize their pills for each week. I got a Sunday through Saturday one for .96 cents at Walmart in pink and it is awesome.

I put all the dried foods I wanted to feed them during the week in there and I will just have to add the fresh foods to the dish when I feed the crabbies at night.

Just thought I would share....
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
RottenLullaby
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 13
Total tanks: 2

Re: A great way to get the food ready for the week...

Post by RottenLullaby »

That is an awesome Idea! I'm going to order a bunch of hermit crab food form the hermit crab addiction this week to add with the fresh food I give (I like to have a choice of two food dishes) and having it all separated out by days would make it easier to give variety. :D
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

The pill dispensers are great and I have used them for a few years now especially when we go away. They come in VERY handy. And to help with fresh foods too, ice cube trays work to freeze hermie foods.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

Post by crabcrazygal »

wow that is a brilliant idea, i must use it!!! :) lol
crabs:bino, junior,kim, and vixen
dogs: ella, shannon
cats:milo, poppy
and two budgies: romeo and big bird
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
only boring people get bored :)
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

Aww Marie knew it and was keeping it secret! XD

The ice cube trays are awesome, I froze up some baby food (a little blob in each "cube") and then dumped it all into labeled freezer ziploc bags. It's great!
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.