hermiemommy101408
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

MOLD HELP!

Post by hermiemommy101408 »

i have a 2nd level in my 20 gallon tank and i use a large piece of driftwood for them to get to the 1st and 2nd level and the driftwood molded in white and green at the bottom the sand isnt molded i already checked how do i disinfect it?
Wonderful Loving Parent to... 6 Hermies.... Chripy, (RIP)Skitty, Lilo, Noni, Fibber, & Jumbaliah--- 5 Dogs... Stitch, Wishbone, Kiki, Toby (RIP) Budwiser

My website is http://www.hermie-frenzy.webs.com
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: MOLD HELP!

Post by Chermo »

That same thing happened to me. Scrap off what mold you can then boil the wood in salt water for about 10 minutes, if it doesn't all fit in the pot you can flip it over. Then what I did to prevent it from molding again was put a saucer in the tank and put in those clear deco beads then put the wood on top. It has not molded since. Here is a picture for you to see how I did it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009